Four comics out today!
Okay, I could post all day about Robyn Hood but I have work to do, so I’m removing myself from social media for the rest of the day!
Here’s my last post. We’ve got a BUNCH of cool kid stuff coming out today. Here’s what:
ROBYN HOOD #1
The new ongoing series!
Written by me, art by Larry Watts, colors by Slamet Mujiono, lettered by Jim Campbell.
- This is the book that I’ve wanted to write for… basically EVER. It’s Robyn Locksley and Marian Quin living in New York City, running a not-yet-successful private investigation business off of Craig’s List. There are roller derby witches, evil priests, and monster bars! It’s my pop record about how awesome and sad the world can be done as a gender bent, modern day Robin Hood. Let me know if you dig it!
- Also, come on, that Angel reference.
GRIMM FAIRY TALES #101
A brand new direction for Zenescope’s flagship series!
Written by me, art by Andrea Meloni, colors by Renato Guerra, lettered by Jim, edited by Nicole Glade.
- This is also a new beginning! I begin my extended run as GFT writer by introducing a whole new cast and a new story. This series, now with a new YA feel, is “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” meets “Harry Potter.” With Wonderland, Oz, Neverland, and Myst at her finger tips, Sela Mathers becomes the trainer of young Realm Knights on Earth, establishing a new school… Arcane Acre.
GRIMM FAIRY TALES vs. WONDERLAND #2
Story by Ralph Tedesco, Joe Brusha, and me. Written by Troy Brownfield, art by Luca Claretti, colored by Leonardo Paciarotti Di Maggio, lettered by Jim, edited by me.
- Sela vs. Calie! This is maybe one of the coolest, funnest fights I’ve ever seen in comics.
Trade Paperback, collecting the full Ascension series (#1-5)
Written by me, art by Butch Mapa, colors by 3Mart & Michele Nucera, lettered by Jim, edited by Nicole.
- In this sequel series to UNLEASHED, the Being becomes a god on Earth… but will his new power lead to the paradise he intends on creating, or will it corrupt him as his fallen father predicted it would?
LIVE E-PANEL IN, LIKE, A FEW MINUTES OR SOMETHING!
About to be on a LIVE e-panel with Larry Watts and Tony Brescini (Team #RobynHood!) in fewer than five minutes!
Check www.youtube.com/comicfrontline and watch us live! Leave questions for us to answer or just marvel at how handsome these guys are, what the heck.
Robyn Hood, cats, drugs, women in comics, comedy, Lumberjanes, and more…
This is my favorite interview I’ve ever done, thanks to David Brooke at Adventures in Poor Taste. The questions were funny, relevant, and just on fuckin’ point. Thanks for making me sound okay!
New, unreleased pages from ROBYN HOOD #1 and #2 within! Also, I talk about cats, women in comics, sexism, my writing, drugs, and other weirdness.
"There’s a definite imbalance. It’s no secret that the white, hetero, cis male is the go-to protagonist in our field. However, I think books like Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Lumberjanes, Smut Peddler, and a bunch of other great comics are shaking things up and showing the industry that people – the readers, the writers, the artists, all of us – want change. We don’t want books only a small portion of our audience can relate to. We want representation. There’s always room for improvement, but the fact that those books exist and are affecting change makes me aspire to do better, to be better, because portrayal of women matters."